Thursday, November 10, 2011

Counting Down and Building Up

One week from today is my FET!

I know it helps to be as relaxed and optimistic as possible, but those things are really hard to control.  I mean, in my head I know I have fabulous embryos, my hormone levels are in the ideal range, of course this is going to work, but in my gut it doesn't feel like a slam dunk.  Thankfully, this morning I woke up realizing one week from today I'll be reunited with two frosties and it put a spring in my step and a grin on my face.  That means the countdown is in full swing and the excitement is growing!  Phew!

Here is how next Thursday will go.  I'll sleep in a little take my time getting up and do my IVF meditation.  Then I'll make my way to a day spa near the RE clinic for a steam and relaxing massage.  Next I'll have an early lunch at a great, little cafe.  Then I'll walk over to the clinic and check-in at 12:15, where I will meet up with P (she is working a half day) and my acupuncturist (T).  The nurse will get me ready and T will do some acupuncture points before Dr B does the transfer.  Afterwards T will do more acupuncture points.  Eventually  will get to pee and we'll head home for a few days of watching movies and reading books.  What's not to be excited about?!

It also occurred to me today that my TWW is really only 8 days!  My pregnancy test confirmation is Friday, Nov 25, the day after Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your transfer plan so much! I am on team pregnancy confirmation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a GREAT way to get ready for those little frosties! And yes, the best part is the short TWW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome planning!!! I'm in my TWW which is really not 2 weeks and find out MOnday...I'm like you...I'm trying my best to be the very most positive but it's so hard after so many no's. But our favorite saying "We have to be pregnant...we have to be" And we keep saying...it's the month of "thanks" so this would be the ultimate of thanks...I think you should try it too...c'mon...your beta is right after Turkey Day! Best wishes for you both and your frosties!!!!

    ReplyDelete