I am long overdue for a post. First there wasn't much to report, then life got crazy, then Blogger wasn't playing nice with my iPad.
This morning a friend asked how I'm feeling, since my body is a chemistry project right now, and I am feeling quite well. On the medical front we are chugging along as expected. At my supression check everything was quiet, as we would hope. We also had injection training during that visit and since P's biggest question regarded location our nurse drew target circles on me with a sharpie!
Life got busy as we prepared for a trip to visit P's sister A and family in Nashville. It was a poor choice of timing on my part, with a board meeting at work on the day I got back, so there was a lot of details to nail down at work in addition to all of the laundry, packing, putting mail on hold, etc. at home. Ultimately we got it all done and had a great visit. We carved pumpkins, went bowling, played games, explored the Opryland Hotel and Cheekwood Botanical Garden. P and I took a day trip to Hunstville one day because it was just 2 hours away and Alabama was the only state I had not visited. While we were gone a lifelong friend of my family passed away following a long battle with heart disease. So, I flew home Wednesday, worked Thursday, attended our friend's funeral with my parents and brother north of Seattle on Friday, and took the train back home yesterday. P is on her way home from Nashville today and I can't wait to see her!
Given all of the travel in the last week, P gave me my first intramuscular shot was Monday in Nashville and my mom gave me the second one in Seattle on Friday. P, who works in the medical field, is pretty comfortable giving shots, my mom not so much! She was really nervous but I just kept telling her she could do it and it would be fine. We watched the online training video of delestrogen injections and she bravely did it. Once the needle was in and she was holding it while pushing the thick med I could feel her hand shaking! Thus far I don't have any bumps, welts, or discomfort - I think those come with the progesterone more than the delestrogen.
I am looking forward to getting back into the comfort and routines of home. The last week has been filled with emotional highs and lows, relaxation and stress, and I feel tired from all of it. I am thrilled for the Momma L and Momma B on their double dose of joy and the ladies over at Insert Metaphor on their new arrival.
Congrats on the start of the meds...YEAH!!! I have to tip my hat to anyone who does the intramuscular shots...I don't know if I'd be where we are today if I had to do those. Our Center put me through with all sub-q shots in my belly and those were tough for me. My first one I did myself took me about 10 minutes of sweat down my back and brow and finally did it. Kudos to you!!
ReplyDeleteWow, mad props to your mom! I don't think I could stick someone else, either. Sounds like a great vacation, although I'm so sorry about your friend.
ReplyDelete