Okay, maybe that's a little strong, but I was braced for an uncomfortable experience and it has just been a series of little pokes.
Our IVF nurse told us about the welts and soreness most women experience at the IM injection site. My accupuncturist warned me about the same thing and asks me every visit if I'm having any pain or reaction. The answer is no!
For those of you who have not done IVF, these are shots in your upper gluts. The needles are 2 inches long and the medication is in oil. At the recommendation of my accupuncturist I ice the area before the shot and apply heat after.I have had multiple IM delestrogen and progesterone injections and so far so good. These shots are helping my body prepare for pregnancy and they are going really well.
YOUCH! I was lucky with my IVF cycle to only have to do SUB-Q - in the belly- shots. I'm not sure how I would have handled muscle shots....but like you said...helps get the bod ready for pregnancy so it would be worth it.
ReplyDelete