Monday, September 19, 2011

IVFluids

In spite of a quiet weekend, drinking 80oz per day, faithfully eating protein, and no weight gain I woke up today feeling the worst yet. P has been a saint taking care of me, and how do I reward her?  I wake her up Monday morning vomitting.  That got me a ticket to Dr B's office, which led to IV Fluids.

The good (?) news is an U/S showed my ovaries are swollen*, but I have minimal free fluid.  From a risk standpoint this is better than normal size ovaries and significant fluid, from a comfort standpoint both are miserable.  Basically my ovaries are pressing all of my other organs up against my diaphragm so it hurts to take a deep breath, yawn, sneeze, burp, cough, anything other than sit on the couch.


*Ovaries are usually 30mm by 50mm, mine are currently 45mm by 65mm and 55mm by 80mm.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Sounds uncomfortable! I hope they go down quickly--there's probably not much to do but wait, but they will go down!

    ReplyDelete