Monday, September 5, 2011

Early

We had our first check after starting the stimulation meds today. It was actually two early morning visits. We got a call yesterday to let us know their blood machine was having problems so I would have to go in for a draw at 6:45, that they would send out, and come back at the already scheduled time of 8:30 for the U/S. When I got there for the bloodwork they gave me a $10 Starbucks gift card for the inconvenience - nice! During the U/S Dr B said she had us come in sooner than most patients because she wants to stay ahead of any potential hyper stimulation. Every thing looked good, I think there were 9 follicles in the 6-8mm range and they would call with the blood results around noon. Well, my estrogen turned out to be high so we are going to cut my follistem dose in half. When we were in the office Dr B said she didn't expect to need to make changes based on what she saw on th U/S so I am thankful she started seeing me early and hopefully cutting back on follistem now will keep me from hyper stim. In other news, P and I went to the outlet mall today. I had said I wanted some looser fitting tops so that as my belly grows it won't be obvious immediately. There is a maternity store at the mall and I went in and tried a couple things on, but I couldn't bring myself to purchase anything. It felt too much cart before the horse, even though we are going with the, "I'm pregnant unless proven otherwise" approach. P, however, saw such a good deal on a cute sweatshirt that she bought it and says she is practicing for when I'm pregnant! Later in the day she bought a child's dish set too - she likes to be prepared and she loves a good deal. It makes me a little nervous in an I-don't-want-to-jinx-this kind of way, but it makes me smile, too. Okay, time for more shots, gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment