Friday, September 23, 2011

Doctor, Doctor Give Me the News

I got a bad case of, "I want to knows!"

I had a follow-up visit with Dr B yesterday for the OHSS concerns.  Wednesday morning I took a slight but noticeable turn for the better, but on Monday she said unless I feel a "million, thousand percent better," keep the appointment, so we did.  I am able to take deep breaths and yawn without the sharp pain I had been having, which made me think the swelling in my ovaries was decreasing.  The U/S showed that, yes, the swelling is slowly starting to decrease, but the free fluid has slightly increased.  I wanted to know, when I am going to feel normal again and the answer is, "In a week you should feel 50% better than you do now, and in a month you should be back to normal."  Wow, that's a long haul, maybe I didn't want to know...

On to my next question, Dr B.  We have these 15 excellent embryos; when we're ready for a FET how many do we have to thaw at a time to make sure we get 2 to transfer?  She explained that they are all graded and frozen individually so in preparation for a transfer they will thaw the two best of the best.  If one of them doesn't look good, they'll thaw the 3rd best, and so on until they have 2 that thawed well.  I like this answer, because having 15 embryos to work with means I will never have to go through another retrieval!

No comments:

Post a Comment