Friday, September 16, 2011

Freeze it, Sister

It's offical, there will not be a fresh transfer.

Dr B called me during her lunch hour so she could talk to me directly and said she does not recommend doing a transfer, it is just too risky.  Today it just feels like a bummer, since we cried our eyes out about this when she talked to us a week ago.  P and I want to do a transfer and have a baby, but we know we should be safe about it and wait. So we'll freeze all of the embryos that make it to blastocysts by Tuesday.

I will be stopping all meds as of today and AF should show up in a week and a half.  Dr B said flow will be heavier than usual and probably more cramps than usual.  We'll call the clinic with day 1 of AF and make an appointment to discuss a FET calendar.

I still feel quite uncomfortable in my abdomen, which Dr B said is normal and will probably continue through Monday.  Walking around seems to be too much "bouncing" so P and I are going to lay low watching movies and reading books this weekend.  I'll keep drining my gatorade and protein drinks to help keep OHSS at bay.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about the news, as tough as it is to know that this is the right thing to do. Get your body ready for a healthy transfer next time. Good luck to you. Thinking about you...

    ReplyDelete