AF showed up yesterday, pretty light but that was the case last month on BCP's, too. She brought with her the most miserable migraine I've had in a long, long time. I usually get headaches with AF and I probably didn't drink enough water yesterday, and it all added up to a doozy of a migraine. I took meds last night at dinner, woke up twice during the night with it, and by this morning it had made me nauseous. I called in sick to work and took a second dose of meds this morning before it finally broke. Fortunately I already have an acupuncture appointment for the end of the day, kind of like a one-two punch to make sure it's completely gone.
I started my lupron injections and dexamethasone last Thursday and we're just checking all the little boxes on our calendar each day. I have had a little difficulty waking up in the middle of the night, so I adjusted the timing to earlier evening and that seems to have helped. I don't know if the meds increased the severity of the migraine, but all in all I'd say things are going well.
Saturday I got to spend the day with my BFF and her almost-two-year-old. We had a great time exploring the farmer's market, playing at the park, and catching up while the little one napped for a few hours. I only get to see her a few times a year so it is always a treat to spend time together and we continue to scheme about living closer to each other again like when we were kids. Maybe someday...
Ugh. Sorry about the headache--I get those, too, although mine are blessedly infrequent. It sucks knowing that nothing really works to make it go away, though.
ReplyDelete