Now I am listening to the baseball game (being a Mariners fan is a great test of optimism!) and thinking about an "IVF Mix" to take with me to the retrieval and transfer. I am starting with my meditation session and then looking for relaxing music and inspiring lyrics. I'm thinking 'New Flowers' by Catie Curtis, 'Shepard Moons' by Enya, 'Return to Pooh Corner' by Kenny Loggins, and "May I Suggest' by Red Molly so far. Have any of you done this? Do you have any suggestions? I also sorted my music library by song title and some of the titles are great: A Baby Just LIke You, Everything Waiting to Grow, I Feel Lucky, Little By Little, No Stoppin' Us Now, A Whole Lot of Hope, This Baby, Breathe, and Something Worth Fighting For to name a few. I'll have to listen to those and see if they fit the relaxing bill, but the names sure are fun.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Mixin it Up
We attended IVF class #2 tonight. This was a much smaller class (6 couples incl us), in which we learned how to prepare and administer our medications. They had samples of everything so we could practice mixing the meds that need mixing, as well as practicing the injections. We also learned a little about the side effects of each drug and how to schedule them all into our day. I found out confirmed lupron can cause headaches.
Now I am listening to the baseball game (being a Mariners fan is a great test of optimism!) and thinking about an "IVF Mix" to take with me to the retrieval and transfer. I am starting with my meditation session and then looking for relaxing music and inspiring lyrics. I'm thinking 'New Flowers' by Catie Curtis, 'Shepard Moons' by Enya, 'Return to Pooh Corner' by Kenny Loggins, and "May I Suggest' by Red Molly so far. Have any of you done this? Do you have any suggestions? I also sorted my music library by song title and some of the titles are great: A Baby Just LIke You, Everything Waiting to Grow, I Feel Lucky, Little By Little, No Stoppin' Us Now, A Whole Lot of Hope, This Baby, Breathe, and Something Worth Fighting For to name a few. I'll have to listen to those and see if they fit the relaxing bill, but the names sure are fun.
Now I am listening to the baseball game (being a Mariners fan is a great test of optimism!) and thinking about an "IVF Mix" to take with me to the retrieval and transfer. I am starting with my meditation session and then looking for relaxing music and inspiring lyrics. I'm thinking 'New Flowers' by Catie Curtis, 'Shepard Moons' by Enya, 'Return to Pooh Corner' by Kenny Loggins, and "May I Suggest' by Red Molly so far. Have any of you done this? Do you have any suggestions? I also sorted my music library by song title and some of the titles are great: A Baby Just LIke You, Everything Waiting to Grow, I Feel Lucky, Little By Little, No Stoppin' Us Now, A Whole Lot of Hope, This Baby, Breathe, and Something Worth Fighting For to name a few. I'll have to listen to those and see if they fit the relaxing bill, but the names sure are fun.
Labels:
Meditation,
Meds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have not done the music thing but I do want to! I listened to music a lot during my TWW and it definitely helped me unwind.
ReplyDeleteLynn made me a baby 'alright' mix (all the songs have lots of alrights spread throughout them. She does this anyway, but this one was themed). My favorites were Patti Griffin's Mother of God and Danny's Song (I think by Anne Murray, though I don't know for sure). Good luck with the meds--I thought it was kind of fun to have to put together all the little vials and mix them!
ReplyDelete