As I mentioned, P and I went to dinner with friends of friends on Saturday. They invited us to their house and we had a great time getting to know each other. Toward the end of dinner we got the question, "Do you want to have a family?" P laughed and gave them a warning. I am quite free with information and my philosophy is that if people are ready to ask a question they are ready to hear the answer. Some might say I do more than answer the question, you know, put a nickel in and I won't shut up! P is more private (example: she thought it was tmi that I noted my request for the extra small speculum in this post) and not as free flowing with information. She is also better at talking around a question than I am.
The conversation over dinner was fine and it is nice to talk about the process sometimes. I am kind of waiting for the day when someone at work asks me why I have so many appointments, though, how do I get around that? I won't lie, so I need to come up with a line that answers the question generically. I have no intention of spilling the beans to my co-workers until I'm through the first trimester. I am a little worried I'll show sooner than that so I better get prego soon, that way I'll be able to hide my belly under winter sweaters.
In other news, we are scheduled to pick up our meds tomorrow night and the swimmers will be shipped tomorrow as well. We are ready to roll!
Can you schedule appointments over your lunch or early in the morning? I haven't been asked yet because although it's been more than usual, a lot of my appointments have been outside of work hours or at lunch. Also, legally, no one but HR (or your boss, if it's a small company) can ask that. If anyone else does, you can say, 'it's private' or just give them a horrified look like they've walked into an occupied bathroom stall...
ReplyDeleteI love what Isa said about the occupied bathroom stall. Or you could always just say "girl issues"; most people will usually get uncomfortable and mumble some sort of apology and quickly excuse themselves. Hahaha! When I was going through the process, I was up front about it with my boss, but I didn't think it was anyone else's business, so I had no problem ignoring questions from nosey coworkers.
ReplyDeleteThem: "Hmmmm... seems like you've been having a lot of appointments lately." *pry pry pry*
Me: "Yep." *walks away*