I joined the TTC blogging community so that I could share my genuine thoughts about the process. I have toyed with sharing Hope Coaster with a few friends interested in our journey, and have refrained thus far. While I am excited and hopeful about becoming a mom, it's nice to have a place to admit there are miserable/scary/stressful/frustrating moments trying to get there. I trust that those of you who are or have gone through this understand when I complain it isn't because I don't think it is worth it.
Yesterday I read the, Parenthood Got You Down? and the basic gist is that we need this kind of space as parents, too. My favorite line is, "I don't mean at all to suggest that having kids is bad. Just that sometimes it can get you down. Parents do themselves - and their peers - no favors by pretending otherwise."
If you can hold off on sharing it with IRL friends, I would recommend that you do so. I told one, and then her mom wanted to read it, so I had to tell my mom to read it (couldn't have her find stuff out after friend's mom!) and then another friend found it and basically it's lovely to know people are interested enough to keep tabs on me, but it makes it hard to vent sometimes because I feel more exposed than if it were all just other TTC strangers...
ReplyDeleteI agree with Isa... And I think it is good to have a place to say what is really going on, not only to vent but also because you may not want synpathy or other types of "kind judgement" from folks who know you, either.
ReplyDelete