Friday, December 2, 2011

Have You Been Waiting for an Update?

My third beta was Wednesday and it was 1,569.  I have my pregnancy ultrasound scheduled for Dec 13, which they told me is 6weeks, 3 days.  I filled in my google calendar with each week marker, all on Saturdays. Tomorrow marks 5 weeks.

I've been having a hard time knowing how to refer to the embryo/embryos.  I'm really caught up on the fact that I don't know if it is one or two. I asked my IVF Nurse her thoughts on a single or twins and she said she has seen it go both ways.  P says the nicknames will come to us organically.  This week we're using Poppy and next week will be Sesame based on size, what is the analogy for week 6?

They have been testing my estrodiol and progesterone along with my beta.  Since the levels are doing well in all areas and because they don't like the fact that the Progesterone IM injections make me itchy, starting yesterday they switched my progesterone injection to an oral progesterone.  My nurse called in the script and I took a break from work to pick it up.  When I got back to the office and went to take one I realized the instructions said to place vaginally twice a day.  I'm already on endometrin suppositories so I called the nurse and I swear the nurse said this was oral so I called her.  She explained that, strangely enough the same capsule can be taken orally and vaginally.  She used one of their standard forms, which indicates vaginal, but yes I got the right thing and yes I should take it orally.  It was hard to get my head around that, but I took the pill.  Monday I go in for another blood test to make sure I am getting what I need from this form of meds.  Cross your fingers for me; if they aren't at a satisfactory level I will have to go back to the injections (I think).

6 comments:

  1. weird. I hope it's not too bad to swallow them, although I'd have a mental hangup, too. We had 2 put in and one stuck, but there are plenty of twins out there to prove that the opposite can happen. I think next week you get to be a blueberry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, we've been doing the same thing with the nicknames, except my tracker said "Appleseed" this week... And then I thinK week 6 is a pea... And then blueberry. Hope all continues to go well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers are crossed! Can't wait for the update on the 13th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to your blog and wanted to say congrats on the great beta number!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just spend the past 30 minutes reading up from your ivf. Congrats!!! I know nothing about numbers, so i cant help you there. hopefully when i get to that point, you can tell me all that you have learned! Again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about you, hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete